Sunday, February 26, 2012

Local Professionals: La Shaun Andrews, Realtor

I've read that moving is one of the top five stressful events that happens in your life.  I've moved at least ten times since I met my husband and I pretty much agree.  If there is one thing in this world that can make moving a little less anxiety-producing, it's having a good realtor.

Richard and I stumbled upon La Shaun accidentally the first go-round.  She was the realtor representing Abe Fehr construction, and was therefore the person selling the condo we were interested in buying. Two years ago, she toted us around town to show off other Abe Fehr buildings and convince us to buy his condo.

Clearly, it worked, and we love the place.

At that time, we were a little gun-shy about buying a place, because the last place we bought burned to the ground.  (We got to live in it a while first, at least).  That can scare anyone off!  Renting seemed easier, less committed.  But she lured us in with talk of paint chips and counter top options.  No, no, actually, she was honest and upright about why buying a condo would make good sense for us at that time, why the market was right, and even guided us toward finding good financing.  And she was there for us while we picked finishes and the like as well, even though I took about an hour to make up my mind on the lino.  I can be picky.  She never complained, and I never even caught her looking at her watch, even as I examined all of the little chips of counter top on the giant metal ring, and held every one that seemed promising up against the paint choice, the counter choice, and the laminate choice.  And then the other lino choice.  I took a long time.

At that point, because our situation was relatively simple, so was buying a house.  We had a down payment in the bank, no hindrances to hold us back, and easy peasy, we were done.

I gave her a call the other day.  "Surprise!"  I said, "We need a bigger house.  Much sooner than expected."  I then proceeded to give her a long laundry list of what we were looking for.  I had everything from square footage requirements to bathroom and bedroom requirements to projects-to-be-done and condition requirements all on a tiny tight budget.  I also had a long list of questions about listing our condo, changing financing, and how this whole shebang would work.

Throughout the process, La Shaun has remained upbeat, positive, and charming.  She helped us figure out why certain places could be awesome for us, and opened our eyes to things we might not have considered on our own.  And let me tell you, this woman is patient with unfailing optimism.  Even in odd circumstances, she tells you it's her job to figure out the details, and that she'll take care of you.  It's the sort of kindness you need in a situation where you feel kind of like a kid again; just enough to make you understand what's going on and not even close to a smidgen of condescension.

Overall, I'd give La Shaun a strong five out of five stars and would recommend her highly to anyone buying and/or selling in the Strathmore area.  Find La Shaun at Aztec realty in downtown Strathmore, or visit her website here: http://www.lashaunandrews.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment